Friday, February 8, 2013

A Slight Change of Plans

Unfortunately, change is expected when planning to travel to another country. A terrible fired occurred at a Western run orphanage killing several children. As a result, all Western run orphanages in China are beginning to be shut down. The children are moving from Western run orphanages to Chinese run ones. The orphanage that I expected to volunteer at, no longer has children for me to work with. At first I thought I would no longer be able to continue my project with orphan children because the Chinese run orphanages would not allow me to volunteer in their facilities. Turning to other sources, I found a hospital in Bei Jing where I could volunteer. but there was no guarantee that I would be able to work with a set number of kids for a long enough period to fully carry out my case study research project. Happy to work in a hospital, I still wished to pursue my original project. Thanks to a contact in China, I have found a Chinese run orphanage in Bei Jing where I can volunteer and carry out my senior project. Despite multiple obstacles, I am excited to inform you that my project shall continue!

~ Anjani 


No comments:

Post a Comment